Considering transferring to Claflin? We'll help you find your best path to becoming a visionary leader.
Thank you for your interest in Claflin University. Our goal is to make the application and admission process as smooth as possible for transfer students.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
To be considered for admission as a transfer student you must have attended a post-secondary institution but not yet received your bachelor’s degree. This does not include high school students who are enrolled in college-level course work.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete an application for admission
Complete and submit your application online. The application is confidential and will become property of Claflin University.
Submit official college transcript(s)
The Office of Admissions requires official transcript(s) from ALL colleges and universities previously attended in order to complete the decision-making process.
Submit the confidential statement
You must complete this statement as written proof of good standing from all institutions previously attended. (Download the confidential statement).
TRANSFER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Your academic credits must satisfy entrance requirements as documented through submission of an official transcript from each college or university attended.
- You must submit statements of honorable dismissal from previously attended college(s).
- If you have earned less than 30 semester credit hours, you must submit, in addition to college or university transcripts, an official high school transcript, SAT or ACT score, high school grade point average and rank in graduating class.
- Be prepared to submit course descriptions from the official catalog of the institution(s) from which credits are to be transferred. Students transferring from non-accredited institutions are temporarily categorized as unclassified students.
- You must have a cumulative average of at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the institution from which you are transferring, plus you must be eligible to return to that institution. Note, however, that a much higher average is required to be competitive.
- No transfer grades below “C” will be accepted.
- No transfer credit in a major more than 10 years old will be accepted until and unless it is validated by the major department.
- No more than 60 semester credit hours may be transferred from two-year institutions (courses number 100-200).
You will not receive academic credit for non-credit courses, such as for military training in the armed services of the United States or training provided by law enforcement agencies, government agencies, corporations, industries, associations, labor unions and others unless you, (1) can provide official transcripts, documentation or endorsements that are approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) in an official ACE transcript, and (2) receive approval from the appropriate department chair and/or school dean.
Transfer credits from unaccredited educational institutions will not be accepted. Upon arrival at Claflin, you should have in your possession an official evaluation of your transcripts by the Office of Admissions listing courses accepted for credit by Claflin.
If your application for admission is granted, Claflin University’s Office of Admissions will send you a written notification of your admission status after reviewing your completed file. It will include:
- Instructions for accepted students Confirmation of acceptance form
- Tuition, fees, room and boarding costs
- Student housing application
- Financial aid application and information
- Report of medical history form
Your application packet should be submitted via mail, fax or e-mail to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Mr. Michael Zeigler
Director of Admissions
For further assistance or concerns regarding your evaluation process, email the Registrar's Office or call 803-535-5719.
Office Manager/Transcript Evaluator
400 Magnolia Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Office number: (803) 535-5577
Fax number: (803) 535-5387